Monday, April 6, 2009

I Remember...

I remember waking up to the sound of the vacuum running downstairs, wondering to myself how many times my mom would clean an already spotless cream carpet.

I remember feeling the need of wanting to escape from everything that was familiar in my little hometown. I wanted to live life, dream big, as any kid does. I went away to school to escape the homeliness that I desperately long for now.

I remember the anticipation of not knowing what to expect. Pulling up to the front of the building, it was hard not judge as the saying goes 'a book by its cover.'

I remember going to the baseball field to watch my brother's game while my dad coached. Multiple game nights consumed the majority of my summer nights growing up. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I remember how thankful everyone was when they passed through the line."Thank you," they said, even though it was unnecessary. "My pleasure," I responded, and I meant it too.

I remember the countless hours I spent in my pool over the summer. I'd bask in the sun for hours, determined to get the golden brown tan that my best friend always had by the end of the summer. The water seemed so peaceful as I floated from one end to the other, eventually letting myself fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment