Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I remember...

The smell. You typically don't know the smell of your own home until you've come back from a trip, or left it behind for some time. I always wanted to capture that smell and keep it with me when I went away. Olfactics are the basis for memory. A smell can stir emotions and memories more than any other sense. My home smells like Tide Original, windexed windows, lavender, wooden floors, fresh, food being cooked, warm, loving, and welcoming. It smells like my dogs, in a good way. Their happy mentalities wagging in our place of warmth and comfort. It smells like my dad's cologne that he always applies like he'll need to smell this way for 3 days. It smells like Neutrogena shampoo and conditioner my mom uses. It smells like Old Spice - Hank thinks he's a man now or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment