Monday, April 6, 2009

I Recall...

I remember the dents in our doors, which were given life when I, or my brother, were fortunate enough to escape each other's fits of sibling wrath by barricading into our rooms.

I remember the big yellow slide out back, infested with bees and treacherous for any neighborhood adventure seeker brave enough to awake them.

I remember the giant snowball in the front yard, a product of two days worth of labor, getting stuck in the middle of our driveway.  None of the cars could get out of the garage.  

I remember waking up every sunday before the Packer games and smelling the aroma of fresh cut celery and carrots just before they were tossed into the bubbling pot of chicken broth.

I remember the thick, stewy soup that was served to the Drop-Inn residents.  A lot of residents thought it looked unappetizing.  I didn't think it looked that bad.

I remember the drive down to the Drop-Inn, hearing nothing but the deafening sound of the heater.




No comments:

Post a Comment