Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Remember.

I remember walking down my stairs, every morning, hearing the sound of the morning news in the background of breakfast demands and daily planning. 

I remember dinner requests, although, variety and choice was lacking.

I remember boiling a pot hot water, making a mug of Tazo Clam Tea, sitting back in one of the two big leather recliners in my living room, and turning on a movie.

I remember the business of life, the drama.  

I remember an artist.

I remember sitting around my living room, laughing.  Recognizing how grateful I am to be blessed with such a wonderful family.

I remember Lucy, my fat, yellow lab, making annoying sounds and getting in everyone's way.  Yet, home wouldn't be the same without her.  

I remember being truly happy.  Truly at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment