Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What I seen and Who they are

As We pulled up a strange feeling came upon me
I thought it was fear of the people standing around
Boy was I wrong....

It was my ignorence telling me that not all things that look bad are bad
It was God letting me know how thankful I should be...
And I know...

As I stood there behind this counter and I looked as these people was stirring around
I thought the feeling of danger but I didn't feel it
Should I have?

I seen the pain the felt in their eyes but the smiles on their faces were misleading Or maybe thats just what inside I wanted to believe
are they sad or are they happy?

Tattered clothing, bags filled with their whole lives, and hungry stomachs
Was this what they wanted...is this truely who they were meant to be?
I think not

In my sense I believe these people are lost souls who never found their paths
I believe that God had helped them but for them it wasnt the help they needed
does this make them less accepting?

I learned not everyone is lucky and that some don't even need luck
But everyone deserves equal oppertunity and one way or the other these are the ones who lost
these aren't homeless people they are God's night walkers

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, wondering about whether the people were happy or sad, but I think that it just depended on the person and not the situation that he/she was in. Some people I talked to were content with their situation and were confident that things would get better. Others, who seemed more distant and not so friendly, may have just been feeling distressed. I really liked your last line describing that they are each individuals rather than homeless people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...very interesting. I think a lot about someone's life can be deduced from their eyes, and now that you mention it, it did seem that some of the resident's jovial smiles may have been in contrast with their tired looking eyes.

    I suppose I didn't think about it much, but the relationship between God and these individuals is an interesting one.

    I do not know exactly what you mean when you say, "I believe that God had helped them but for them it wasnt the help they needed". It is a captivating line, and made me rethink some of my opinions.

    ReplyDelete