Tuesday, March 31, 2009

So Emotional

My Experience at the shelter changed me a whole lot. I don't like seeing people who are struggling or who has nothing to go home to. When I first went to the shelter we was afraid to go inside. We was being very stereotypical. We saw people outside drinking and smoking standing and some leaning up against the wall. We drove around the block a couple of times because we were afraid to actually stop and go inside. We finally got hte courage to go inside. We was the first group to go to the drop-inn. Once we went inside it was really a sense of relief. Everyone was so nice. I felt bad for actually being so afraid. I really didn't know why I was afraid. Everyone was so grateful for everything. They treated us like we were like royalty or something. Some people just made me want to cry. Like seeing the younger people in there i could have just ran out there crying. I felt like they were looking at us like we were looking at them like some kind of a charity case or something. Just some of the things people said to me just really took an emotional effect over me. I called my mom as soon as we had left the shelter and I had told her about what we had did. The first thing that she had said was "Were you scared?". I told her how bad I had felt. I thought she was going to cry. I thought that it wouldn't bother me that much but it did. I wanted to go back with better food to give to them. I felt like they would have been offended by us going in there. I just know that I gained a whole lot more respect for my parents because they really struggled while I was growing up and we could have very easily been in there place.

No comments:

Post a Comment